1. Gockel begins by drawing in pencil ideas and conceptions on a drawing pad.
Images can come to him at any time so he keeps his drawing pad nearby.
2. He begins his creation by re-drawing the image onto canvas
to give himself a working outline of the piece.
3. Next Gockel will paint the outline or background of his work, giving the work the
ambience and color contrast desired.
4. Gockel then adds the main characters or images to the work
bringing life and vitality to the piece.
4. Intricate details and fluid movements make the trademark
Gockel style irresistible.
4. Collectors, publishers and even Gockel himself
can enjoy the fruits of the masters work!